United Church Women (UCW)
The UCW units are comprised of the women of Trinity-St. Stephen’s, expressing loyalty and devotion to Jesus Christ in Christian witness, study, fellowship and service.
All meetings are open to new members and visitors and UCW membership is open to any woman who is in agreement with the UCW’s purpose and is willing to contribute her prayers, gifts and service for the work of the Church. There are four UCW units at Trinity-St. Stephen’s that meet monthly (except the summer months) for business, program and fellowship. The General UCW also meets monthly for business and a time of reflection.
“To unite the women of the congregation for the total mission of the church and to provide a medium through which we may express their loyalty and devotion to Jesus Christ in Christian witness, study, fellowship and service.”
The functions of the Trinity-St. Stephen’s UCW include:
– Providing opportunities for fellowship and mutual support.
– Encouraging growth in Christian understanding, faith and experience through worship, Bible study and involvement in other activities.
– Encouraging informed participation in the mission of the Church, in the congregation, the community, the nation and the world.
– Cultivating Christian stewardship in all of life.
– Sharing financially in supporting the national church through the Mission and Service Fund, in meeting the needs of the Congregation through the budget of the church, in sharing the expenses of the Presbyterial and Conference organizations of the United Church Women and in supporting community undertakings.
– Developing Christian leadership for church and community.
– Appointing or nominating (as required) representatives to committees and boards of the Congregation, the Presbyterial United Church Women and other related bodies.
– Encouraging ecumenical understanding.